Monday, January 14, 2013

My 'Commit'ments

Well, we are now 2 weeks into the new year and I've managed to uphold some of my commitments to date:

  • My budget is looking good and I've even managed to put a decent chunk of money towards paying down some debt last week so that's making me feel pretty good
  •  I've missed a couple Tumblr posts so far, but for the most part am posting something on a daily basis
  • I've gotten my weekly blog posts in, so I'm doing well in that sense
  •  haven't gone out running as much as I should be, but I'm planning to register for a couple 10k runs in the next few days, so that should at least guarantee that I'll get out to do some training in the meantime
    1. The Sporting Life 10k in Toronto in May
    2. The 10k Zoo Run in September
  • I've gone a little Amazon-crazy and ordered 5 books that I have had on my must-read list for a while now.  My 'commitment' was to try and read one of these types of books per month (as I can read several works of fiction in a week), but it's looking as though that number may be increased slightly once I start diving into these ones
    1. Achieving Student Success: Effective Student Services in Canadian Higher Education by Donna Hardy Cox and C. Carney Strange
    2. Women don't Ask: The High Cost of Avoiding Negotiation by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever
    3. Ask for It: How Women can use the Power of Negotiation to get what they Really Want by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever
    4. Pursuing Higher Education in Canada: Economic, Social and Policy Directions by Ross Finnie et al.
    5. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick M. Lencioni
Needless to say, I'm not perfect, but I definitely think I'm making some progress towards achieving the goals I have set out for myself in 2013.  I'm looking forward to continuing on this path and hopefully adding a few book reviews to this blog in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment